What's for sale?
This is a 20th Century, French soda siphon in an eye-catching, vibrant blue glass.
It has the usual, thick glass throughout. The body is ribbed vertically and etched with: "J Larquie, 38 Rue Langlois, Bordeaux".
The metal cap is engraved with it's manufacturer: "MAUBREY CHAPUIS", "BAR S SEINE" and with the quality mark "ETAIN TITRE GARANTI RENAUD PARIS". Bar-sur-Seine is in central France near Troyes.
The threaded, lead collar is very good and the top can be removed. There is the usual calcification inside, and it can't really be cleaned any further. The glass siphon tube is present and undamaged.
Siphons were used globally in cafes, bars and hotels throughout the 20th century. They were designed to be reusable and tended to have a very hard life. They were made in very large numbers, but branded in far more limited numbers to carry the supplier's or customer's branding.
What condition is it in?
- In good condition
- No cracks
- There is a tiny chip underneath the "Q", another on the shoulder and a third underneath the lead collar
- The top is heavily pitted and corroded
- The trigger works
- The lead collar is very good and the top can be removed
- The glass siphon tube and rubber gasket are undamaged
- There is a lot of calcification on the inside
What are the measurements?
- 33cm high (13 inches)
- 10cm base diameter (4 inches)
- 1737 grams
If you have questions or would like more detailed pictures, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid 20th century (1930-1959)
Late 20th century (1950-1999)
- Stock ID: